The approval process for applications to the Vermont Center for Emerging Technology (VCET) is dependent on the completeness of the appropriate information submitted by the prospective client company. VCET adheres to a strict policy of confidentiality throughout the process. The process is designed to best match the goals and objectives of VCET with the formation and incubation of emerging technology-based businesses. With the successful completion of the application process, the prospect begins entry negotiations. The time between approval and the date of initial occupancy depends on conditions or requirements of the firm and availability of space at the VCET.
The following are the various steps followed in the application process for the VCET. Remember, if you have questions or need additional information or guidance before you begin the application process, please contact us at (802) 656-3880.
Steps in the Approval Process
(Average Time = 15 days)
- Executive summary or business plan received
- Meeting with the company founders and initial due diligence
- Review of business concept by the Client Selection Committee
- Completion of the due diligence process
- Company presentation to the Client Selection Committee
- Acceptance into the VCET program and occupancy